Saturday 27 June 2009

Party lag

They say that when you travel by plane you can be affected by a sleeping disorder called "jet lag". Basically it takes some time for your body to adapt to the new time zone. The average is about 1 day if you travel eastwards and about 1.5 days if you do so westwards.

I think I have a bit of a problem ... I did travel eastwards 10 days ago and I still haven't managed to fall asleep before 5am a single day!
Should I see a doctor? Maybe ... maybe not ...
When he asks if I spend hours no end in bed waiting to fall asleep ... I'll have to say: Noooooooooo! I spend hours no end in bars and restaurants with different friends each night! BASTARDS! This is the real problem of living abroad and coming back home: there is always a friend that hasn't seen you with energy to go out ... or one that has seen you already ... So, if you are nice like me :-P, you can easily spend 10 days in a row "having to" go out ... Then when you can finally escape and go back to wherever you live looking like a zombie people will ask you: "Is it the jet lag?" ... "Jet lag, jet lag, ... Noooooooooo: PARTY LAG!" :-D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the same that happened to Faemino...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOl8P9IY8cg

Daniel Barden said...

Back to Barcelona?

Ivan said...

Yes, back to Spain at the moment but already doing paperwork to get a visa to come back to Porto Alegre :-)