Saturday 1 November 2008

Welcome to the adventurous life of a computer engineer

Most of you must be wondering why I haven't updated the blog for about a week ... well, I am a computer engineer: nothing of interest has happened on the past week! :-) I spend most of the day at work talking about such interesting subjects as object oriented programming, dodgy scripts, microelectronics and football (in the later case just listening to the conversations as I don't really care much about football). At night when I arrive at the hotel (note that I haven't said anything about having find a place of my own yet) I try to learn Portuguese by watching such interesting TV programs as debates about if being a transsexual is a illness or not ... about the police handling of an hostage taking situation that ended up with the victims shot (one died later on), or my favourite one: haunted houses ... probably no the best thing to see before going to bed ... :-)

The only "interesting" thing that has happened to me recently is putting my bank card in probably the only cash machine that was eating them at the time in the entire country (and is not that small) ... on a Friday afternoon :-( ... oh well: yet another weekend without drink, drugs and prostitutes ... :-D

No comments: